FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheating frame by frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
May Kindred-Boothby
Cheating frame by frame
on May 16, 2017 at 3:46:37 pm

Hi,

So i've drawn a sequence of images so that they have boil and a frame by frame feel, but now i want to move them around using after effects. However i don't just want to import a sequence and then move it, i still want to be able to edit the sequence to get the best motion to the music (i'm animation a comet flying through space to music). Is there a way of collecting frames together to move, that is still editable? Like nesting in premier, but using the advanced motion control of after effects?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Cheating frame by frame
on May 16, 2017 at 4:26:07 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 16, 2017 at 4:44:32 pm

How many images do you have in the image sequence right now? Here's some illustrative arithmetic.

Let's say the music's 2 minutes long. Let's say you want a 10-frame-per-second animation. That's 10 frames x 60 seconds x 2 minutes, or 1200 frames.

AE is NOT good at in-betweening, incidentally. In fact, it stinks at it.

Now I realize you can loop certain items such as the comet from one angle, the comet from a different angle, the stars flying by, etc. You may not really need 1200 images in the sequence. You might be all set to go.

HOWEVER......

If you haven't worked a sequence of shots -- aka a Storyboard -- and if you haven't worked out how you're going to address the challenges presented by that storyboard, you're probably just spinning your wheels.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]