FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diamond and triangles reveal effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kakol Teks
Diamond and triangles reveal effect?
on May 15, 2017 at 11:24:25 pm

In this video after the intro there is a diamond and triangles reveal effect. Does anyone know of way to achieve this.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Diamond and triangles reveal effect?
on May 16, 2017 at 2:32:08 pm

What about that intro that you can't reproduce?

Do you know the most basic functions of After Effects? Like:

Creating a square layer?
animating scale?
duplicating layers?
pre composing?
using a layer as alpha matte?

If you don't, once you search for those terms, you will figure it out how to recreate that.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 16, 2017 at 4:50:53 pm

yep. what they used there was basically just an animated matte on a still. the creative part is creating the matte.

i'd start with making a square comp, add a square layer and animate the scale from 0-100%. at that point you can start to build the matte layer and then comp back to that square comp and add more to it.

so you can take the square comp into a new 'normal sized' comp, rotate it 45% so it's a diamond, then just duplicate it and arrange the duplicates to fill the screen. in the timeline adjust the timings of those duplicates so they seem random (or however you want them to look).

you can then take that comp into a new comp with a footage layer and use the matte comp as a track matte for the footage layer to see how that reveal works.

at any point you can go back to the original square comp and change or add animation to it and see how that effects the reveal comp.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kakol Teks
on May 16, 2017 at 9:29:03 pm

I did have a basic idea of how to do it. But I just thought it was more simple than that. And also thank you both for you replies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]