FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects adding noise on render.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Graham
After effects adding noise on render.
on May 15, 2017 at 9:20:50 am

Hey everyone.

I currently have an issue with after effects adding noise to my animation that isn't there. I'm using several PNG layers with transparency and a camera in a 3d space to create the effect I want however as the camera moves its rendering noise over the animation that causes it to flicker. The noise is fairly fixed to specific frames and generally happens as the camera moves over the animation.

There are no effects applied it is all organic layers the camera is the only element creating any part of a look. Any Ideas?

(I'm using the latest version of Adobe CC and working on a Late 2013 Mac Pro 3Ghz 8core E5, 64GB of RAM, D500 running 10.12.3)

Ive added two screen shots of frames where the noise is and where it isn't.

Thanks All

Return to posts index

James Graham
Re: After effects adding noise on render.
on May 15, 2017 at 1:52:03 pm

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 15, 2017 at 4:40:05 pm

To what media Container & codec did you render the animation?
Did you use Adobe Media Encoder to do it?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Graham
on May 15, 2017 at 5:32:17 pm

Hi,

I've tried doing it to QuickTime animation and to prores. But the noise shows inside of the after effects preview window as well I've discovered. So if I cmd-left/right through the frames of the timeline it shows up. I haven't yet tried using TIFFs instead of PNG files but as it's in the numbers and letters that are generated by AE then I'm not sure it would help.

Thanks for your help,

James

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 15, 2017 at 5:45:35 pm

Have you tried turning off motion blur? Seems to be the old problem with layers occupying the same 3d space with motion blur on.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

James Graham
on May 15, 2017 at 8:06:05 pm

Very good point. I'll give that a whirl.

Return to posts index

James Graham
on May 16, 2017 at 9:40:05 am

No there is no motion blur applied at any point and applying motion blur doesn't fix the issue either. So it doesn't look like motion Blur is involved in the issue in any way.

Thanks for the idea though.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 16, 2017 at 9:54:48 am

Try one of these options:

A) Moving the writing a pixel forward in z-space from the blackboard (so they don't intersect)

B) Precomping the writing and blackboard together (making them 2D layer inside their precomp), then animating the precomp layer within the main comp as a 3D layer

C) If you don't need 3D layer intersections or shadow-casting, break the 3D space between the writing and the blackboard by inserting any 2D layer (a blank adjustment layer will do perfectly) below the writing layer and above the blackboard layer. Both the 3D layers above and below the adjustment layer will still render in perspective, but the ones above the adjustment layer will be forced to render on top (even if they should be occluded by intersection)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]