FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects crashes as soon as I open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Holden
After effects crashes as soon as I open
on May 13, 2017 at 7:18:18 pm

I have the newest version of After Effects, as soon as I open it, it instantly crashes. It never did this before. It says "After Effects CC 2017 has quit unexpectedly". Please help!

Crash Log
https://pastebin.com/ptMEukxV

Return to posts index

James Graham
Re: After effects crashes as soon as I open
on May 15, 2017 at 12:36:00 pm

I had a similar thing a while back so I just rolled back my version of after effects to the previous one and carried on as before. Personally I try to never update a working system unless theres a particular feature that I want in the latest update. in creative cloud interface theres a drop down for previous versions on the install button.

That should fix things hopefully.

Good luck

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: After effects crashes as soon as I open
on May 15, 2017 at 4:06:48 pm

if it happens when you are just opening after effects (not opening a project), you might try reseting the preference file. Quit AE and then restart it holding Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (OS X). Clip OK at the prompt.

if it's while opening a project, turn caps-lock on and try opening the project. if that works, hide all the layers that are visible in the open comp and then click the caps-lock. then, one-by-one re-enable the layers to try and find the layer(s) that is causing the issue crash. once you found that layer (or layers), see what's different about that layer -- it's often a third-party effect, or possibly a media codec -- then troubleshoot from there.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]