FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator vector/mask imort and resize issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen reber
Illustrator vector/mask imort and resize issues
on May 11, 2017 at 12:41:01 am

Hey guys...

It's been a while since I've been on, and I have a problem I just can't figure out.

I have a .jpg image imported and dumped into "comp1". I've dumped that into my main comp. I create a new solid in my main comp. I go into Illustrator, select and copy my artwork and paste it into the solid (and add a stroke effect so I can see it). The .jpg is the original of the cut/paste linework. When placed one on top of the other, they do not match. The .jpg is either 4% to big or the linework is 4% to small. I've checked and the settings for everything match.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks in advance...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Illustrator vector/mask imort and resize issues
on May 11, 2017 at 1:49:15 pm

Have you tried just importing the .ai and placing over the jpg? do they match? if they do you can create shapes/masks from there. if they don't, theres your problem.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

stephen reber
Re: Illustrator vector/mask imort and resize issues
on May 11, 2017 at 10:39:02 pm

Cassius...

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried that, the vector still didn't match. What I tried was opening the .jpg in PS as well as the AI file. The .jpg was at 72 dpi, the AI file was open at 300 dpi. When I reduced the AI file to 72 dpi (to match the .jpg). The vector was still to small. So I enlarged the AI file to 75 dpi... and guess what... they finally matched. And I checked, there is a 4% difference between 72 and 75 dpi like I had mentioned before.

Do you have any ideas on the reason for the discrepancy between the .jpg and AI file dpi?? and how to get around it when importing to AE?

Thanks again...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]