FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collapse Transformations issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cj Kaminski
Collapse Transformations issue
on May 6, 2017 at 3:17:02 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having a following problem - I have created a vector text (eps file) and imported it into After Effects. I have applied a feathered mask (130px feather) to the eps vector text file so that the letters have full opacity in the middle and lose the opacity at their edges. I have also applied a glow effect (glow radius of 120px). The final effect is a nice, neon-ish text.

I want that text to get zoomed. Obviously, when I zoom it without ticking the collapse transformations tick, it gets all pixelated. However, when I apply the collapse transformations option, the letters get bigger, but the feather remains 130px and the glow remains 120px. I have no clue how to get the glow and feather 'uncollapsed', but still have the letters unpixelated when i zoom the camera in towards the text.

I'm assuming that what I need to do is somehow apply the 'collapse tranformations' to objects and not the effects... and I have no idea how to do that.

please, help me, guys!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Collapse Transformations issue
on May 7, 2017 at 5:24:53 pm

You're trying to apply AE's bitmap effects to a vector layer, which doesn't hold up with Collapse Transformations. Precompose the vector text, do the zoom in the pre comp, and add the effects to it in the main comp.
You ought to be good to go then.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]