FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automated process in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Moylan
Automated process in After Effects
on May 5, 2017 at 12:04:13 pm

Hi there,

I'm working on a 30 second trailer for a project in After Effects, where animated keywords will flash up on screen during the video. This is fine and I can do this without issue.

However my client wants this project to be translated into 15 other languages - that's a problem! Does anyone know of an automated solution, which would allow me to quickly replace the keywords on screen with the appropriate language text?
An outside source will also be translating the words, so there's no issue with that, just the actual adding of the text itself.

I'm hoping to avoid the painstaking task of editing and removing the words one by one 15 times. If this was a one off project, I wouldn't mind, but we'll have to do this several more times in future, so if anyone knows/can think of a workaround, I'd be very grateful!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Automated process in After Effects
on May 5, 2017 at 6:35:33 pm

I have never used it, but check out the script "CompsFromSpreadsheet" from aescripts + aeplugins. It may do what you want.

http://aescripts.com/compsfromspreadsheet/#/discussion/embed

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Automated process in After Effects
on May 6, 2017 at 10:17:27 am
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on May 6, 2017 at 10:18:44 am

[Harry Moylan] "Does anyone know of an automated solution, which would allow me to quickly replace the keywords on screen with the appropriate language text?"

how about creating a motion graphic template in Ae, link the source test to a property controller in the essential graphics panel. export the sucker to premiere and do it all there?? ☺ see how it works: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/create-motion-graphics.htmlyou would still have to replace line by line but it will be more comfortable in one control panel AND from Premiere.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]