FORUMS: list search recent posts

VFX/Motion Graphics Fitness Sequence - Feedback Wanted

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Stevenson
VFX/Motion Graphics Fitness Sequence - Feedback Wanted
on May 3, 2017 at 2:45:04 pm

Hello Creative Cow,

My name is Ben and I have made a fitness sequence for a uni assignment which incorporates some visual effects and motion design... More the latter. I need to gain some industry feedback on the piece as part of the brief so it would be great if anyone could get back to me with some feedback. Thanks!

- Fitness Sequence

The concept is essentially that me and my brother are performing various exercises that most people will recognise and are easy to identify how to perform. We've also decided to add some editing to it to make it more visually pleasing to viewers. I would like to slip a matte painting in on one of the clips to make it look like th exercise is being performed not in a gym but in a completely different place but I'm struggling with that at the moment. Any feedback I can gain though would be fantastic, thank you!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: VFX/Motion Graphics Fitness Sequence - Feedback Wanted
on May 3, 2017 at 3:13:46 pm

What are the requirements of the assignment? I only ask because for the most part(only watched once), your execution is good, but in some places, design wise, there are elements that add nothing. I'm thinking specifically of the strokes at :28, they add nothing to the video. Couple of other effects look pretty dated too, but if the assignment is just about execution and doing it competently you have done a good job.

Slipping in a matte painting should just be a case of rotoscoping and adding the painting to the background, like you did at13 seconds with the tracked graphic, what's tripping you up?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ben Stevenson
Re: VFX/Motion Graphics Fitness Sequence - Feedback Wanted
on May 3, 2017 at 3:44:33 pm

Hi, thanks for such a quick response. The assignment is requesting a piece of work that is industry specific to where I would like to be. Personally, visual effects and motion design is what I love. This piece is a slight deviation however because of the nature of it but I have tried to implement what I can.

I have also tried to edit as much as I could in Nuke for experience in that software as far as visual effects goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]