FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Pan + zoom after changing video dimensions in composition settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Robson
Unable to Pan + zoom after changing video dimensions in composition settings
on Apr 30, 2017 at 5:04:10 am

Hello,

I'm sure this is a rather simply problem that I am just missing.
Basically I have just installed After Effects on a brand new system, but have already run into an issue with it.
On my old setup I could go into the composition settings, change the resolution (from say a 16:9 aspect ratio to a 9:16 one) and then just drag the video around while moving forward frames to keep whatever it was moving around in shot (a little line would appear over the video showing me where it was moving).
I am now unable to do this at all, I can still change the resolution and drag the video around, but its not acting as a pan, its literally just moving the video around on the screen.

Any help on this would be great.
Regards,
Mark

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Unable to Pan + zoom after changing video dimensions in composition settings
on Apr 30, 2017 at 9:47:44 am

Mark, a quick screenshot or two of your entire After Effects UI will help us see what you are seeing.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Unable to Pan + zoom after changing video dimensions in composition settings
on May 1, 2017 at 2:05:04 pm

A screen grab would most definitely help. At the moment it sounds like you're not key framing properly, you have motion path visibility toggled off, or both.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on May 1, 2017 at 3:50:17 pm

probably got changed to front camera view rather than active camera view.

Return to posts index

Mark Robson
on May 1, 2017 at 8:40:41 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for the help guys, turns out that something went a bit wrong with the install (I don't think it updated properly), as such the auto key framing wasn't activating (I could turn it on, but it didn't register and if i exited the program and went back into it, it would be off again).
I have since reinstalled after effects and actually sat and watched the update to make sure it didn't mess up again, all seems to be working now.

Thanks again,
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]