FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre-composed content not displaying after increasing composition time length

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg J Bales
Pre-composed content not displaying after increasing composition time length
on Apr 29, 2017 at 9:22:59 am

Hi there. I have 3 pre-comps which fit into one larger composition. Whilst working on my original timeframe (10 seconds), I realised it would not be long enough. I subsequently doubled the main compositions timeframe to 20 seconds, and did the same for the pre-compositions within it, however, the second half of the pre-comps are not playing, and within the timeline have a visibly lower opacity, as if to say they cannot play.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Pre-composed content not displaying after increasing composition time length
on Apr 30, 2017 at 1:38:07 am

Hi Greg, put your cursor over the the 10s mark on the layer - click and drag at that midpoint (where the color changes) to the end of the layer. Sort of drag it to open up for the whole length of the precomp.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Pre-composed content not displaying after increasing composition time length
on Apr 30, 2017 at 9:53:53 am

Just so you know what you are seeing...

Changing the duration of a composition does NOT affect the timing of any layers elsewhere that use that composition as a source. When you open up a comp that contains that precomp and see that partially transparent layer bar extending beyond the original length, it's not Ae telling you that it can't play that section; rather, it's telling you that there is additional length available beyond what you're using in the timeline right now, if you wish to edit it.

There's more information on that here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/selecting-arranging-layers.html...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Greg J Bales
on May 2, 2017 at 8:16:51 am

Thanks very much for the quick and easy replies, Helped me a lot =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]