I'm at the point where I just can't fool around anymore and will have to do this manually, but the Find and Replace Text script doesn't work when the text of what you're trying to replace includes a dollar sign ($). I'm certain this has everything to do with regular expression because it will do a replacement, but always at the end of the line, exactly how RegEx handles that symbol.
Try as I might, my JS and RegEx isn't the strongest, so I'm doing more harm that good by fiddling with the JSX script. I tried adding the escape character when it detected a reserved character, but the truth is that I don't know exactly where to put this into the code.
Adding this post, if nothing else, with the hopes that someone will know how to tweak the script so that others that hit this wall can read it, see the solution and spend far less time than I did banging their head on a table over it.