FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Animating Postion Spacing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Barnes
Text Animating Postion Spacing
on Apr 28, 2017 at 6:42:31 pm

I'm animating text that starts off frame and then slides into frame one word at a time. Is there a way to do this so there is control of the spacing of the words? Currently the first word slides, first word stops, next word slides in and so forth. I'm trying make it so when you see the first word slide in the second is sliding in at the same time but with a gap between the word if that makes sense.

I almost achieved this by using the tracking property and setting the mode to subtract. The problem I had there was the word spacing started at the end of the sentence and I need it start at the beginning.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Text Animating Postion Spacing
on May 1, 2017 at 7:14:35 pm

i'm not sure how you are animating it now, but i would try a using a text animator.

try this:
  • type your line of text, twirl down the text layer's proprieties, click the 'animate' menu (to the right of the 'text' property) and choose position form the list.
  • set the position properties of that animator so that the text line of off-screen.
  • twirl down the range selector properties and then advanced properties.
  • set the 'based on' property to 'words' and the shape to 'ramp up'
  • in the range selector properties, animate the offset to go from -100% to 100%

the words should slide from off-screen into place in a 'ramped' fashion.
if you want to ease the words a bit as they come to a stop, adjust the 'ease low' property in the advanced settings... 33% is about the same as easy-ease in the keyframe assistant, but you can ease it up to 100%.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Chris Barnes
Re: Text Animating Postion Spacing
on May 1, 2017 at 7:21:21 pm

Ah ramp up is the setting I needed. I did everything you suggested but had the 'based on' property set to 'square'. That was it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]