FORUMS: list search recent posts

wrong fps?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Engin Osmanovski
wrong fps?
on Apr 27, 2017 at 7:32:38 pm

Hello,

When i import a 24 fps GIF file to After Effects, for some reason it shows it as 25 fps in the project panel. Since i made the GIF, i know it is 24 fps. Why does After Effects show the fps wrong?

Some people told me to go check my import preferences. I checked it, and the default frame rate for imported image sequences is set to 24 fps already. (And the file i am importing here is not an image sequence anyway. It is GIF). I know i can go to Interpret Footage and conform it to 24 fps everytime i import a GIF but i want to know why After Effects is behaving like this.

If you want to see for yourself here is my 24 fps gif. Just save it and import to Aftert Effects: https://devinik.tumblr.com/image/159769417308

What do you see? 24 fps or 25 fps?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: wrong fps?
on Apr 27, 2017 at 8:33:17 pm

You may have to change the frame rate in the Interpret Footage settings. Highlight the clip and go File>Interpret> Main, and change the frame rate to 24.

If AE can not find a frame rate for a piece of animated footage, it defaults to 30 fps here in America. If you live in a PAL country, it might default to 25.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]