FORUMS: list search recent posts

Full Quality Composition Preview Splits Image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Ridgway
Full Quality Composition Preview Splits Image
on Apr 27, 2017 at 3:33:14 am

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is a known/common issue, but this is one of those things that is difficult to Google.

For large compositions in After Effects (for instance, 4K footage), I see a weird splitting effect where the image on the composition is divided into three and shifted around horizontally. Kind of hard to describe, so I attached an image that has a side-by-side comparison of an original image and its After Effects composition preview.

11303_sidebyside.png.zip
(sorry, new here so I don't know if there's a better way to upload and embed images on posts)

This problem only seems to happen for full-quality previews (i.e. taking the preview quality down a notch seems to fix it), so I guess the workaround would be to generally leave it on lower preview qualities. It's mostly a matter of curiosity as to why this is happening and whether it's fixable.

I'm on Creative Cloud so this is one of the latest versions of After Effects, but I've experienced this problem in After Effects since last year.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Full Quality Composition Preview Splits Image
on Apr 27, 2017 at 10:53:09 am

I have seen this before and it was advised that it was a display issue. try this:
1. update your graphics card driver, if it's updated - roll back one version.
2. try toggling on or off the "hardware acceleration" under preferences->display and see if that makes a difference.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Elliott Ridgway
on Apr 29, 2017 at 12:38:03 am

Cool, turning off hardware acceleration seemed to do the trick, for whatever reason. Thanks for the quick response!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 29, 2017 at 9:45:47 am

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. You might want to examine why hardware acceleration is not working for you by trying to update the GPU or roll back and if this does not work submit a bug report.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]