FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers get interved/reversed when add 3D layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arief as
Layers get interved/reversed when add 3D layer
on Apr 26, 2017 at 6:49:18 pm

I try to make camera movement with null and 3D layer. I add null object and camera above all layers. But, When I add 3D Layer for all layers, the bottom layer look like top layer

I'm sorry my english is bad. please watch the video if you don't understand.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Layers get interved/reversed when add 3D layer
on Apr 26, 2017 at 8:05:46 pm

When you make all layers 3D, they all have a z-position of zero. After Effects can't show you all of them, so it uses the layer order -- you see the top layer in the composition.

If you adjust the z-value of the layers, things will be right again.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 26, 2017 at 11:07:49 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "After Effects can't show you all of them, so it uses the layer order -- you see the top layer in the composition."

Yes it can. there is a layer order and it should be maintained. the preset he is using can change the perspective, but the layer order should be the same as in 2D. there is some sort of bug here. Op try this:

1. when you create your camera choose a 50 mm camera preset and see if that's works
2. first set your layers to 3D then add a camera. no null . see if that works.

if it's still happening this way, try to create a new composition and copy the layers there and see. still no dice?, close Ae and upon launch reset your preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 26, 2017 at 10:16:50 pm

its true if you move the postiion it will solve but it shouldnt be doing that...try making them 3d and then adding a camera

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 27, 2017 at 3:16:56 pm

I just put a few layers in a comp. I made a camera on the lowest layer. I then made all the layers 3D.
Guess which one I saw? Layer 1. Then I moved up layer 2. Guess which one I saw? The new layer 1, which was previously layer 2.

This is absolutely normal behavior in AE; given 2 layers with equal z-value, the upper layer in the comp gets precedence. This is the situation the OP faces. It's not brain surgery.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 27, 2017 at 4:11:04 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "This is absolutely normal behavior in AE; given 2 layers with equal z-value, the upper layer in the comp gets precedence. This is the situation the OP faces. It's not brain surgery."

the layer on top is the one you see, but this is NOT the situation Op faces. Op was facing something different: as soon as he clicked the 3D switch, the layers reversed their order and the layer at the top of the stack was the bottom in appearance and vise versa. he fixed it by trashing the preferences apparently: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9479841#9479841

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]