FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing project composition window blank

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolae Ciobota
Importing project composition window blank
on Apr 26, 2017 at 9:48:14 am

Hi,

I wonder if anyone experienced this issue. Every time I import a project or open a composition with many layers the preview window is either grey or black. I keep deleting the media cache which I have saving to an SSD 1 TB drive and the database and than it works. But is hit and miss.
So nothing displays. I drag the timeline head left right sometime it works sometime it doesnt.

I m working with CC 2015.3 2.7 GHz 12 core xeon 5 mac with 64 GB of RAM.

I did have the graphics cards swap because of the faulty cards but it made it worse. Adobe is blaming Apple for the cards and I cant find any solution.
I also had to revert the system to El Capitan to be able to work with some of my old projects.

Any help appreciated
Nick

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Importing project composition window blank
on Apr 26, 2017 at 2:59:58 pm

Ya its always grey for me too...you gotta just be patient and give it a few minutes...it will load..also if there is element you have to go into the scene setup...idk why but that helps to refresh it.

Return to posts index

Nicolae Ciobota
Re: Importing project composition window blank
on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:10:33 pm

Thanks Richard. Looks like quitting and re opening the project also helps as well as changing the folders for the media cache and database. Is so slow though on a very fast Mac. I thought it was only me experiencing the issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]