3D camera tracker values exceed Particular far vanish limit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikko Ruostila
3D camera tracker values exceed Particular far vanish limit
on Apr 25, 2017 at 2:23:58 pm
Last Edited By Mikko Ruostila on Apr 25, 2017 at 6:23:10 pm

Hi,

After over a decade of finding most solutions from this great forum I finally ran into a problem I had to post myself...

I have a bunch of shots of a bed in a room with camera movement. I've created a particular effect that shoots up a wall around the bed from a 3D-layer emitter on the floor. Obviously, the floor needs to be tracked to the camera movement, so I've camera tracked the shots and placed my emitter layer accordingly.

Unfortunately, my particles are nowhere to be seen, even if the emitter stays at the correct spot (after being scaled up). I narrowed down the problem to the distance values: Camera tracker sets the Z-distance of my emitter from the camera to around 300000, while the maximum far vanish -setting in Particular is 100000.

I can't figure out a way to keep the correct movement while having my emitter layer at an acceptable distance from the camera. Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this?

As a workaround I'm now trying to use 2D track data for position, and the distance between tracked points to imitate the correct orientation of my 3D emitter. This, however, is a whole lot of work for all the shots I have, as the expressions have to be pretty much re-invented for each individual shot, and moving around the emitter instead of the camera messes up the physics of the particles that are supposed to fly up from a static source.

Help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

---
Given enough time anything is possible.

Return to posts index

Mikko Ruostila
Re: 3D camera tracker values exceed Particular far vanish limit
on Apr 26, 2017 at 2:43:57 pm

SOLVED

Once again there was a workaround to be found on this forum: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1051712

To sum it up for the next one with the same problem:

1 Make a 3D null
2 Parent all 3D layers, camera and lights to the null
3 Scale the null way down (in my case to ~3%)
4 That's it - when unparenting, you'll see the new small values

Thank you Creative Cow!

---
Given enough time anything is possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]