FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3d Material Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Barnes
Element 3d Material Problem
on Apr 25, 2017 at 2:51:06 am

I have a vinyl record sleeve 3d object loading into Element 3d. The material loads fine but soon as I rotate the object in After Effects the back of the object shows the front face and not the back. I can rotate the object inside element and there's no problem. I can even rotate around the object with the composition camera and there's no problem. It's a very annoying and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hashimoto
Re: Element 3d Material Problem
on Apr 25, 2017 at 8:04:53 am

Have you checked in the material properties that "Draw Backfaces" is checked? Sometimes this creates an issue.

Return to posts index

Chris Barnes
on Apr 26, 2017 at 2:45:34 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Selecting "Draw Backfaces" did not work.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:41:15 am

Hi Chris, it sounds like you are converting the Element layer into 3D and rotating it (?) which is simply flipping the existing image. You need to leave the layer 2D and use the camera to move around to the back - you may need to precompose it if doing it that way creatis other problems.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 26, 2017 at 2:55:31 pm

are you using the uv layer as the texture on the object..within element 3d

Return to posts index

Chris Barnes
on Apr 26, 2017 at 5:04:23 pm

Yes the texture is uv layer. I found the problem and a work around. It has something to do with using a null to animate the object. If I remove the null and do all the keyframing with Element's controls all works fine. It's very strange and I've never had this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]