FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Slideshow - please recommend

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arun Vellian
AE Slideshow - please recommend
on Apr 24, 2017 at 8:23:26 pm
Last Edited By Arun Vellian on Apr 24, 2017 at 9:00:57 pm

Would anyone be able to help me understand what kind of transition is used in this slideshow.
I'm assuming its a 3D , Frame roll photo transition but not sure about the shattering effect. I'm very new to After Effects, anything helps. Thank you very much!

One type I guess is Frame flip transition, but I could'nt land on how the images are beautifully dissolved and comes together in the next image...

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: AE Slideshow - please recommend
on Apr 24, 2017 at 9:13:48 pm

create a new composition. create a camera. Import your photo layer, set it to 3d. duplicate it, displace it in the Z axis a few pixels and scale it back up (or down) to match the first photo. keep repeating this process as much as you want "parts" in the transition. now link them all in a centered null that rotates on Y.

Add a luma key with different values to each, so each layer displays some part of the image. (you can do some color key too).

Thats pretty much it. if you put some light leaks and color correction on top, you've got exactly what you see there.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Arun Vellian
on Apr 24, 2017 at 9:24:53 pm

That sounds brilliant. Thanks a lot Cassius, I've been breaking my head over it.
As I mentioned earlier I'm very new to AE.

I will try this one by one as you mentioned and try to get what I see here. Hopefully when I get to it, I could share my work here.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 25, 2017 at 5:55:27 pm

AEScripts.com has a script called Multiplane that would automate the 3D displacement-scale stuff...not too expensive. If you are doing a lot of pics it would be worth it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]