FORUMS: list search recent posts

New After Effects update BIG PROBLEM

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ellen osborne
New After Effects update BIG PROBLEM
on Apr 22, 2017 at 12:04:34 am

Hi
I just updated to the new release of After Effects. Now my composition, all my layers and files appear black. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without luck. I made a new file and composition, and reimported my files and it's still black. I'm working with all stills from one photoshop file. Everything is turned on and at 100% opacity. The photoshop file is fine. I work with AE every day and all was fine with the program and this file until after the update. I also have to force quit the application every time I try to close it. Please someone help!!! Thanks. Mac Pro, system10.12.4 , 32GB Ram

Ellen Osborne
MacPro (Late 2013) 32 GB Ram

Return to posts index

David Baud
Re: New After Effects update BIG PROBLEM
on Apr 22, 2017 at 12:37:55 am

Have you tried the usual suspects?
. clear AE preferences
. clear the caches files
. clear the database

David Baud
Colorist & Finishing Editor
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Apr 22, 2017 at 1:21:36 am

I cleared the cache, etc. Not sure where I trash the preferences. I figured the uninstall/reinstall would have cleared them.

Ellen Osborne

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Apr 22, 2017 at 1:33:01 am

I think I'm starting to narrow down the problem. I have a lot of adjustment layers in my photoshop file and it looks like the new version of AE can't handle that for some reason. When I import a psd that is just straight layers there isn't a problem. If I import something with adjustment layers, it all comes in black and I have to force quit to get out of it. Any solutions??

Ellen Osborne

Return to posts index

David Baud
on Apr 22, 2017 at 2:06:30 am

I use Preference Manager myself from Digital Rebellion, but I believe you can trash AE preferences when starting the program and holding Cmd + option + shift

Maybe there is some issues with the psd version of your file? you could do a roundtrip with Photoshop (updated) and saving to a new file...

Good luck!

David Baud
Colorist & Finishing Editor
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Apr 22, 2017 at 6:07:48 am

Nothing wrong with the photoshop files. AE seemes to have an issue importing these files when they include adjustment layers. I think it's some kind of bug. I'm going back to an earlier version of AE until this is fixed or until someone can tell me what to do.

Ellen Osborne

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 22, 2017 at 7:38:37 am

I tried reproducing this problem with my system but couldn't. created a psd file with numerous adjustment layers, imported to Ae 14.2 - it's all fine. I am on a Windows 7 system.

please provide the exact steps to reproduce the bug, maybe try a new psd file with a few adjustment layers and see if that happens again or is this something in particular with your project file. if you can, share it with us so we may look.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Apr 22, 2017 at 3:58:30 pm

When you say new release, which version were you on before? If you're jumping from cc 2014 to something newer, the new engine needs some time to cache before it can display things. It looks exactly like you have posted, did you gave it some time? I've had large illustrator files that needed like a minute or two before AE could display anything.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Apr 22, 2017 at 4:42:53 pm

I was just updating from the previous 2017 release. I'm now trying to uninstall and reinstall the whole suite. Maybe that will fix something.

Ellen Osborne

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Apr 22, 2017 at 7:01:34 pm

Well, reinstalling didn't fix the problem. However, I simplified my photoshop file dramatically. With all the adjustment layers it was 1.5 GB and about 300 layers grouped into 70 groups. Now it's just 70 straight layers and 401MB and seems to be working okay. Strange though the earlier version seemed to be able to handle the giant file whereas this new version obviously cannot.

Ellen Osborne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]