FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to connect two alleyways by "rounding the corner"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Murphy
How to connect two alleyways by "rounding the corner"
on Apr 21, 2017 at 5:40:57 am

I have two clips I took walking down narrow alleyways in Taipei. I'd like to seamlessly combine the two by making it look like I'm turning the corner from one alley to the next, as if they are connected and perpendicular. Any presets or easy ways of doing this in AE? I tried it in FCP by distorting perspective and sliding from one clip to the next. Looks terrible and took hours. Must be an easier way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: How to connect two alleyways by "rounding the corner"
on Apr 21, 2017 at 10:59:12 am

Post stills of the last frame from the first alleyway clip and the first frame from the second alleyway clip. This can help us understand better what you are after. Without seeing the clips I can tell you it's not an easy job to make it look realistic. You may have to use some camera projections on 3d planes that approximate the geometry of your alley, paint some textures to fill in blank spots and do a lot of tests.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to connect two alleyways by "rounding the corner"
on Apr 21, 2017 at 12:46:06 pm

Agree with everything Ted said, and just want to add, the old axiom, "If you can't resolve, dissolve."

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]