FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a max width render in afx in El Capitan?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jackman
Is there a max width render in afx in El Capitan?
on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:31:35 pm

Having trouble with a large 19000x40 sized comp (for sports stadium), it won't render in after effects. It 'looks' like it's rendering, but the resulting QT mov file is black. What could be some of the problems here? How can I fix this?

I have a smaller version 8000px long x 40px wide that renders just fine. I think it basically is having a problem with the size, that's just my intuition.

Note: I just tried remaking the comp and exporting it at different length sizes. It seems that After effects is unable to export longer than 8000px without corrupting? At least on my system with this file ☹ Any suggestions?

I'm working with AFX cc2017 on El Capitan on a mac pro (early 2009).

Any suggestions how to get this to render?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Is there a max width render in afx in El Capitan?
on Apr 18, 2017 at 11:41:47 pm

It's probably the codec to which you're rendering. Many are picky about dimensions. I'd check with the client to see what kinds of files they'll accept

PS: AE can't go beyond 30,000 pixels.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Jones
on Apr 19, 2017 at 5:12:07 am

Thanks, do you have an idea what codec would be ok with a 19000 width? I tried a few ☹ Trying to export in quicktime, (which then needs to be exported as uncompressed AVI, which I was doing in Compressor).

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Apr 19, 2017 at 8:05:25 pm

i'm not sure what codec you rendered too, but what if you bring the render file back into ae, can you see the video there? or, possibly vlc or another viewer...?

quicktime now seems to try and convert most (maybe all) video files to prores when you open them, it's possible that the conversion is causing the video not to appear.

as for codecs, i've render out stadium ring animations in lossless animation (per delivery instructions), but photo-jpeg would be another good intermediate codec to try to render to before converting to avi.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 19, 2017 at 9:27:42 pm

[Michael Jackman] "Having trouble with a large 19000x40 sized comp (for sports stadium), it won't render in after effects. It 'looks' like it's rendering, but the resulting QT mov file is black. What could be some of the problems here? How can I fix this?
"

import the file you rendered back to Ae. does it look fine? if so, it is fine.

important note: check with the client what is the desired format. if it is quicktime, you have done your job.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]