FORUMS: list search recent posts

Non-Realtime audio showing up in rendered playback and exports

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
C. Blake Davis
Non-Realtime audio showing up in rendered playback and exports
on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:16:10 pm

Background: So you know in the "Preview" preferences panel when you have "Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time" UNCHECKED, while previewing in non real-time the audio slowwwwws down. Right?

Okay. For some reason my audio is doing that in one small spot EVEN when frames are cached, and even in the final export.

I have checked that my frame rates match, I have interpreted the footage of the video file I'm building on top of, everything seems to be in order. But for some reason in one spot the audio suddenly shows as non-real-time.

Here is the example spot:
You can hear it at 3.5 seconds in.

I have tried many different render settings. I have tried re-exporting and replacing the base video file. I have tried checking the "Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time" box in preferences. NOTHING works.

Producer working in NorCal and Nashville

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Non-Realtime audio showing up in rendered playback and exports
on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:34:01 pm

you sure its not a time remapping or time stretching right there? ..you try purging yet?..and i dont really hear it unless i turn it way up...it just sounds like the music is fading right there..you sure thats not part of the video?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Non-Realtime audio showing up in rendered playback and exports
on Apr 18, 2017 at 11:45:33 pm

...and one big pitfall is the use of compressed audio in AE -- mp3, ac3, stuff like that.

Those kinds of files have all sorts of crazy-ass compression algorithms, many of which don't play nicely with AE. It's always best to convert compressed audio to wav or aiff files beforehand to spare oneself grief later.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]