FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with 3D Camera Tracking (camera movement won't apply)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Lohisto
Problem with 3D Camera Tracking (camera movement won't apply)
on Apr 18, 2017 at 6:23:44 pm

Hello guys!

We've this little project where we're trying to attach little graffiti to the wall, while drone raising up and shooting the wall.

I've latest AE 2017.1 version installed, and project seems to fail immediately, because AE doesn't manage to apply 3D camera movement.

Here's preview what actually happens (or doesn't happen).

Thanks for help already!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Problem with 3D Camera Tracking (camera movement won't apply)
on Apr 19, 2017 at 12:08:12 am

weird. does it work with other type of footage?

there is another thing that's weird and that's your frame rate which is not standard - 47.951. this could be the cause of your problem. why is your composition set to that frame rate? is your footage also with this frame rate? if so, this is a concern. try to fix it first. how about if you render a intermediate from the mp4 such as QT Animation and then try again? with standard frame rate this time.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jesse Lohisto
on Apr 19, 2017 at 8:40:54 am

Thanks for reply.

I tested it with other type of footage where drone flies paraller with ground, and tracking seems to work.

I changed frame rate to 60fps, which frame rate footage was recorded. I wonder why Premiere<->AE integration doesn't understand to create composition right away with correct framerate, when you replace clip in Premiere with AE composition.

Maybe I'm missing some setting, because it clearly can solve the scene, where's the ground, where the wall and else, but why camera movement just doesn't apply.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 19, 2017 at 8:54:31 am

Right click on the footage in the project panel and choose interpret footage->main. St the frame rate to 60. Now track again and see.

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jesse Lohisto
on Apr 20, 2017 at 12:17:50 pm

Excellent! That did a trick! Have to keep that in mind in the future, that when replacing footage in premiere with AE composition (from premiere context menu), have to remember to check composition settings to match footage settings!

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 20, 2017 at 12:43:57 pm

glad we got you sorted.

the switch from Premiere to Ae should work flawlessly unless we are onto some bug here.

when you were in premiere, did you create a sequence from the video? was it 60FPS or the other strange number? I am trying to figure out if was this a problem with the data stored in the file or something in the passing through from Premiere to Ae that messed up? my guess is this was a problem with the fps information data stored inside the file that was wrong.

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jesse Lohisto
on Apr 20, 2017 at 12:59:24 pm

Yeah I did a sequence of clip, and sequence frame rate seem to be 60 at Premiere. In sequence I dragged clip from original footage, and right clicked a clip, and chose to replace with AE composition.

This isn't the first time I run to this fps problem with Premiere and AE. Usually when I shoot with my 80D 1080p/50fps, create 50fps sequence in Premiere, replace with AE composition, composition frame rate is as default 29,97fps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]