FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Track Question - How to not track on some frames and continue tracking on others?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmet Durak
Motion Track Question - How to not track on some frames and continue tracking on others?
on Apr 17, 2017 at 11:41:26 am

I'd like to use perspective corner pin motion track on a screen to add something else over it. But I know that at some point there will be an object passing over the screen. This object will obviously mess with the tracking if I don't mask it but the thing is I don't want to mask it because the tracked image doesn't move at that point at all. So is there a function I can use to not continue trying to find a source to track but instead track the same point it was a frame earlier and after that I can resume normal tracking after the object has passed?
In summary; how to keep tracking points still on a certain time I want and resume later?
I'm very new and weak on the terminology, apologies if I'm not being clear enough.
Regards

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Motion Track Question - How to not track on some frames and continue tracking on others?
on Apr 17, 2017 at 2:28:41 pm

Stop the tracking right before the object obscures the screen, advance later in time and resume the track when it's gone. You can also use mocha for perspective track. It's a far more reliable corner pin tracker and It has the ability to track a surface if it's partly obscured by the use of track mattes. It also offers a manual track:

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]