FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roto brush makes the previous part of video wrong?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmet Durak
Roto brush makes the previous part of video wrong?
on Apr 16, 2017 at 9:48:13 am
Last Edited By Ahmet Durak on Apr 16, 2017 at 10:10:28 am

Hello, I am a complete beginner to After Effects so I'm following tutorials and trying to do masking and motion tracking.
There is a computer screen on the video and I have placed another video on it by motion track and used roto brush to mask an arm that goes into the screen as the guy punches it.
The problem is after I used roto brush half of the video worked out well but the previous half didnt have any of the motion tracked composition on it.
To make it clearer; the motion tracked layers are not visible during the start of the video and they become visible only when the roto masking begins. When I scroll back on the roto layer I see the exact time where it screws up. From the start there is a purple outline on the video and that's the part that has no other motion tracked layer and as soon as the purple outline is gone where the roto begins the video works fine.
How can I fix this?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Roto brush makes the previous part of video wrong?
on Apr 16, 2017 at 2:08:25 pm

sorry, not quite clear what is going on. could you share some screenshots or a video capture to better illustrate your problem?

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ahmet Durak
Re: Roto brush makes the previous part of video wrong?
on Apr 16, 2017 at 2:27:33 pm

I've fixed the problem but through a way I'm pretty sure isn't very convenient. So I'll explain further.
When I use roto brush to mark someone's arm so that it wouldn't be behind the motion tracked image, before the point of the roto brush beginning, the first layer would behave as singled out and no other layer would show itself until the roto brush. And I realized that because the whole preview screen had a purple outline only until the roto brush part where the outline disappears.
So I went ahead and used roto brush in the beginning and erased it which removed the purple outline and I kept doing this to a point where the beginning of my video was no longer singled out.
So yes I did solve this issue but I'm sure it wasn't the right way of doing it...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]