FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difficult 3D Camera Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Mousiol
Difficult 3D Camera Tracking
on Apr 14, 2017 at 8:46:44 pm

Hi,

I am very sorry that my first post is a question and a plead to help. I hope I can give back after that, but I am stuck with what it seems a very difficult 3D camera track.

Camera faces down and while moving downwards is changing perspective to
looking straight forward.
Here is the clip in question:

https://adobe.ly/2o1udiX
(original footage is in 4k)

If I mask out the bed/two people moving I once got a decent track, although I had the feeling the camera position is not always right. I tried to improve by making the masked out area tighter or bigger and it only got worse. I need to do this three times for three different takes by the way!

I am spreading particles with Trapcode Particular in the room that are moving upwards.

My problem is that the tracked camera has some jittering, as if the camera has sub-pixel shakiness, although it doesnt really.
I know one problem is the two people and their shadows that is confusing for After Effects, but when masked out intirely I still seem to have some jitter and random shakes and the track gets worse the more I mask out, naturally.
I am using AE CC 2017, updated to the newest version btw. I tried tracking in different resolutions: 4k and 720p, but it doesnt really matter it seems.

Does anybody have any tips on match moving this for 3D integration?
I tried Mocha Pro but it doesnt even solve the camera. Currently in contact with support of Imagineer Systems.
But I thought, I would ask here too.

Thanks for any help!

Manuel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]