FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse Offset in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abbey Smith
Mouse Offset in After Effects
on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:54:22 pm

I have been working in AE for several months now, so I am still fairly new at this. There is one thing that keeps happening and I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it, and it's only with certain AE files. It doesn't do it in all my AE files. The problem is where my mouse is showing and where it actually clicks/selects is offset. It clicks/selects about an inch above the mouse cursor. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? It's become really annoying. TIA!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mouse Offset in After Effects
on Apr 14, 2017 at 10:12:06 pm

I've been using AE since 1996, and I have NEVER heard of a single instance of mouse problems.
I think I might take a look at the operating system.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Abbey Smith
on Apr 17, 2017 at 2:43:28 pm

Ok. I did a little more digging around and someone was having this problem with PremierPro (I know it's a different program, but they are pretty similar). They said one way to fix it (I don't think this is a long term fix) is to change the workspace. So, I changed it from a workspace that I had created to the Essentials workspace, and that seemed to fix the issue for now. AE is the only program I have this issue with, but if it continues to happen I will look into the operating system. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 17, 2017 at 3:13:59 pm

are you using a MAC...cause i had this problem when i had the mouse pointer size enlarged..i had to shrink it back down to avoid this problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]