FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects render resolution changing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edwin Rist
After effects render resolution changing
on Apr 13, 2017 at 7:06:25 pm

Hello! This is my first post here, although I have been a "lurker" on this great resource for a while 😉 I'm having a problem with after effects that I cant figure out:
I made a composite of several r3d fire assets, they were shot at 2k, and there is no problem with the files that I can find. I placed them in a composition in after effects, and want to render them out as a prores file to reimport into AE to save CPU. I left them as r3ds because I was not sure what color temperature and exposure I wanted, and it was easiest to match this way. In both RAM previews and in the file render (from AE as well as AME), the resolution "flickers" from full resolution to 1/4, then back again. I put a link on youtube here:

I'm using a recent macbook pro, 16GB ram 2.5ghz i7, intel graphics, and while it is not superpowered and rendering often takes a long time, I have not had any problems before.
Thanks for any help, this really has me stumped!
Edwin

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After effects render resolution changing
on Apr 15, 2017 at 10:10:45 am

Sounds like a cache issue. Clear your cache (Edit > Purge > All memory & disk cache), make sure you're up-to-date within your major version of Ae (for example, if you're using CS6, make sure you've installed the latest version of CS6, which is 11.0.4), then re-render.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]