FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't replace missing footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Navarro Parker
Can't replace missing footage?
on Apr 12, 2017 at 9:37:44 pm

I have several image sequences that I have re-organized into other folders on a server connected via SMB. As usual, AE needs some help re-finding these files when I open my project.

But... and this is new behavior... when I double click on the missing footage to re-find them with a file dialog, the files inside the folders are grayed out. Similarly, I cannot "Replace Footage..." as all files appear as greyed out and un-importable.

Now I can do a regular Import of these same files, but then I have to manually swap them out in my comps, which is time consuming (and annoying!).

Anyone else experiencing this? And any way to fix? The fact that I can import these items fresh, but not replace them is weird and would seem to rule out file permission problems.

Running Mac OS X 10.11.6 & AE CC2017.1

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't replace missing footage?
on Apr 12, 2017 at 10:17:16 pm

Unfortunately, there is some Adobe-induced weirdness in AE CC 2017 revolving around image sequences where none existed before.

See how I'm being charitable in my panning of this version?

The latest bug fix helps a lot, but I don't know if it will cure your particular woes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Navarro Parker
on Apr 13, 2017 at 1:42:08 am

Whew, glad to know I'm not losing my mind. Is this an upcoming fix or is it out in the wild?

(A quick check of my CC updater says my AE is current)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 13, 2017 at 4:16:22 pm

Jeez, I don't know about any upcoming fixes.
Since the Home Office dictates the software versions, I'm on CC 2015. I don't have any skin in the CC 2017 game.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Apr 13, 2017 at 5:34:37 pm

i know adobe doesn't officially support that workflow (files on network drives/servers). and even though i've worked that way before, there's always been some quirks, particularly with OS X and SMB since about 2008.

if you transfer some of the files locally, does it allow relinking the media? i know it's not a fix, but i'm curious and it might help for troubleshooting... also, have you tried it with an earlier version of ae?

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]