FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to this over character projection?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
How to this over character projection?
on Apr 8, 2017 at 1:15:05 pm

Hi, so I know this is probably 99% done with a real projector, BUT is there a way to replicate this with a green screen and no projector? Just AE?

The effect starts at 1:09

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to this over character projection?
on Apr 8, 2017 at 2:58:21 pm

I endured all of that annoying video, and I saw nothing in it where green screen work could substitute for the lighting they used. If you want to replicate it you'll need an empty warehouse, an abandoned subway station and some skillful lighting.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Apr 8, 2017 at 5:05:52 pm

Im not interested in the lightning or I think you missed the part which I`m only interested in and that is the projection part of the video at 1:09 time in the video.

The part when another video is played on the guy singing and it gives it a really nice melancholic effect. That`s what I`m interested in. The green screen was just so that it would look closer to his effect since I do not have a projector to project films on me and film it like he does, and instead of the green screen I would put some black/gray background to maybe apply some kind of effect so that it looks like his and then apply the same effect on the rotoscoped version of me so I can distance myself a little from the green screen, like it would happen if I had a projector.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 8, 2017 at 5:17:25 pm

See Blend modes:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/blending-modes-layer-styles.htm...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Apr 8, 2017 at 5:27:36 pm

I`ve tried different blend modes, but couldnt come close to his video in terms of realism. It looks like its STUCK to my body, it`s actually more like this video when I use different blend modes.

The effect that I get with certain blend modes is something like that video which starts at 00:54. It looks stuck to me and really weird. I`m sadly after something more realistic.

If anyone knows a better way or maybe I just didnt chose the right blending mode with the right settings.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 10, 2017 at 7:37:43 pm

You could use two layers of projection -- one for the body only (use your key as an alpha matte) and a separate one for the background. You can then create some separation by offsetting one relative to the other.

If you want to get really fancy, you can distort what's projected over the body, but it will take time to do this realistically. Some subtle Displacement Map or CC Glass based on a high-contrast version of your keyed character might help a little:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/distort-effects.html#displaceme...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 8, 2017 at 5:22:22 pm

I believe you could replicate this projection, and support Walter's suggestion of using blend modes.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 10, 2017 at 8:53:25 pm

CC SPHEREIZE THE COMP..o..and then try it on projection..perhaps use a displacement map of the scene

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 10, 2017 at 8:57:59 pm

oh i got it..create your objects moving around using cc sphere then make that a 3d layer that projects shadows on to a 3d set then use those shadows as a displacement map for your cc sphere...would that work..i think that would work..too bad you cant cast shadows that look like the objects color

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]