FORUMS: list search recent posts

Razer Blade Pro 2017 for AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kshitij Mehra
Razer Blade Pro 2017 for AE?
on Apr 7, 2017 at 7:42:04 am

Hi All,

I was wondering if the razer blade pro 2017 is a good laptop for AE. The downside is that it only comes with 32GB RAM. Or should I look at something else?

I can only look at a laptop as I need that mobility...

Return to posts index

Dmitry Klingensmith
Re: Razer Blade Pro 2017 for AE?
on Apr 12, 2017 at 5:01:09 pm

In short, yes that laptop will suffice your editing needs. When it comes to video editing the most important specs are usually what the graphics card capability is because it is what rendered your layers, effects and final or certain compositions. Looks like it has a GTX 1080 which should be powerful enough for your preview rendering and rendering of project . As far as ram, I personally use only 16gb and it does me just fine. I only have a GTX 960 and i can render a pretty complex and many layered project that is 3min long in about an hour. Scaled to the higher specs, the performance will be faster. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Razer Blade Pro 2017 for AE?
on Apr 12, 2017 at 7:16:20 pm

After Effects is not made for video editing. Premiere Pro uses the GPU a lot (it is a video editor).
After Effects doesn't use the GPU for much. That being said, more and more of the native effects are being GPU-accelerated.

But, for everything that isn't GPU-accelerated (most of After Effects), CPU clock speed is the most important factor. Get the fastest clock speed you can.

32 GB of RAM is great in a laptop. If you want something more powerful, you should probably get a desktop.

Also, get two SSDs if you can. One for your OS/Apps and the other for AE's cache.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]