FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a custom effect with custom colors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Niemeier
Making a custom effect with custom colors
on Apr 4, 2017 at 7:58:22 pm

I am currently working on a portfolio for an idea for a short I have coming up. I need to create a custom effect that will work for several shots.
What I need is to use colors from a custom swatch in the image included in this post.
These colors will be the only colors used for this scene. If someone could make it so that a video image could be processed into using the colors at random some changing every frame and some not, and still be able to make out what the image is(in this case someone in sacred robes standing with full body from top to bottom of the frame.) and would need some sort of pattern recognition so it appear understandable. So kind of like a mosaic but down to the pixel level with random fluorescent colors including the white colors in the file as well.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
11213_gradient.psd.zip

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Making a custom effect with custom colors
on Apr 4, 2017 at 11:59:53 pm

Hi Jordan, you might want to look at the Colorama effect. I suspect you might get something like what you want if you get you get a good understanding of how Colorama works.

Return to posts index

Jordan Niemeier
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:28:55 am

Thanks for the quick response I will look into this and see what the result is.

Return to posts index

Jordan Niemeier
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:38:51 am

Is there a way to make a color picking script that would take from my palette in the link that would be used as the output color?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]