FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wordle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hetherington
Wordle
on Apr 4, 2017 at 5:34:54 pm

How do you think this was created? The obvious is luma matting the text compositions on a picture, but it also looks like it uses displacement.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Wordle
on Apr 5, 2017 at 1:07:00 pm

I'm guessing Mettle Shapeshifter or Trapcode Form

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Apr 5, 2017 at 7:38:04 pm

Prompted by your question, I had a go at creating something similar in Apple Motion:

Is there some nuance that I have missed? I'm not at all sure that the original is using any form of displacement, but I could be wrong.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Daniel Hetherington
on Apr 5, 2017 at 7:46:27 pm

That looks very similar! The only difference is of course styling with adjustment layers but that is the general idea.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hetherington
on Apr 5, 2017 at 7:48:14 pm

Did you use layer compositions of the same picture and did you generate the worldle and import it from a pdf?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Apr 5, 2017 at 7:51:26 pm

The source image is a luminance matte for the text layers, which are offset slightly in Z space.

And yes, unlike the original which you posted, I used a text file to generate the words so they could be a lot more varied and interesting.

This would all be easy to do in Ae but I haven't done it there yet.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Daniel Hetherington
on Apr 7, 2017 at 4:41:03 pm

That's seems to be the best way to make it in photoshop and it looks like some techniques between two blend modes where used between the words luma matting the original image and the background.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hetherington
on Apr 7, 2017 at 4:42:37 pm

You can also see displacement. I can replicate this in AE, just need to know how they created the actual text from a wordle to be randomly appear using the oppacity animator.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hetherington
on Apr 13, 2017 at 1:22:12 pm

I am thinking they used particular or maybe even the built in cc particle system. In particular I looked up how you can use words as a particle. You just have to put each word on its own layer and offset them in a comp, then select the comp as the particle like shown here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]