FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Plugin Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Beller
AE Plugin Particular
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:08:50 pm

Hi,

I pulled up a template I had purchased called Falling Memories and it seems to be missing the plugin "Particular". It is used to create the many, many layers of falling photos in the background. I have tried to contact the creator, but he is on vacation. I am using an IMAC 10.11.4, AE CC 2017. I have searched the web to find it and can only locate an $800 package. Any suggestions around this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE Plugin Particular
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:19:24 pm

You went to the Red Giant web site? They won't let you get Particular all by itself?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:29:23 pm

You can get Particular outside of the Trapcode bundle for $400:

https://www.redgiant.com/products/trapcode-particular/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:40:45 pm

Neil -

This is something to be very aware of when buying templates. Usually, the template creator will put somewhere close to the top of the template page, "Requires Particular plugin", or whatever other third-party plugin might be required for it to work.

If it wasn't clearly stated on the template page, then you should request a refund from the template creator.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Apr 5, 2017 at 12:40:01 pm

Either way you can probably ask for a refund, though they are certainly under no obligation to give you one if the plugin is listed. Couldn't hurt to ask though.

Return to posts index

Neil Beller
on Apr 5, 2017 at 1:04:29 pm

Hi,

It seems that some of the Red Giant effects won't work with the upgrade to AE CC 2017 and needed to be upgraded themselves. That was the case with "Particular." AE was saying it was missing, which was where all the confusion on my end was. After a 45 minute email chat with them, and lots of various downloads that didn't work, we finally figured it out. I upgraded for $99

Thanks for everyone's reply.

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]