FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I copy the Shape data & transformation/movement onto a mask?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jami Johns
How can I copy the Shape data & transformation/movement onto a mask?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 6:15:02 am

Basically, I have made a shape that moves diagonally-ish and grows larger, and I have masked out something I want to follow the exact same path and scale at the exact same rate. Obviously, if they were both Shapes, or both Masks, I could easily do this, but when I paste the Shape information onto the Mask, it gets all wonky. I'm wondering if it's because the Shape has Shape data, Translation X, Translation Y, Scale, Rotation, Shear X, Shear Y, Perspective X, Perspective Y, and the Mask just condenses it all into one little Mask Path.

Please help me figure out how to put shape transform & movement data onto a mask! PLEASE.

xoxo
~Suzann

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How can I copy the Shape data & transformation/movement onto a mask?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 12:37:51 pm

You should be able to make a new layer, and add a mask. Then in your shape layer, twirl open the contents, click on "path" to highlight all your keyframes, then open up your mask layer, click on "mask path" and paste the keyframes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Apr 4, 2017 at 7:29:53 pm

Hi, I have a vague memory that you need to use a hand drawn shape, not the automatic rectangular, elipse shapes? Might be wrong.

Return to posts index

Suzann Johns
on Apr 5, 2017 at 2:19:47 am

I don't have a "Shape layer"; I have a layer that is footage, with a twirl down of Effects, and a twirl down within that, which then shows "Shape data", "Translation X", "Translation Y", "Scale", "Rotation", "Shear X", "Shear Y", "Perspective X", "Perspective Y". And each of those have a bunch of keyframes.
I was going to select all of those keyframes, copy them, and paste them onto my Mask, but there aren't all of those aspects, simply "Mask path", hence, my problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]