FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set Poster Image for H264 file that will work in DropBox

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Meierding
Set Poster Image for H264 file that will work in DropBox
on Mar 31, 2017 at 8:31:12 pm

Hi, I'm in AE CC 2017.

I've a got a client who want's my movies to display the first frame in dropbox for all of these movies. I've been looking up poster frames etc, but they don't seem to be sticking either from Premiere, AfterEffects, or Compressor. They want h264 files, 1080x1080 for Instagram.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this? I've basically been telling them it might be impossible. But I could be wrong. Anybody know? Thanks in advance.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Set Poster Image for H264 file that will work in DropBox
on Apr 3, 2017 at 12:48:37 pm

Can't be done unfortunately. You have to take what Dropbox gives you.

Return to posts index

Stephen Meierding
on Apr 4, 2017 at 1:41:08 pm

Hi Thanks for confirming Daniel.

My clients (Several people) were telling me it could be done and demanded that I fix it, and to the best of my knowledge this was not possible. I was explaining that I've delivered hundreds of videos for clients, broadcast, and web, and this had literally never come up before as an issue to be fixed. It's tough when your client thinks you have no idea what you are doing. It makes you feel like you are crazy. The problem was on the agency side, who were getting blowback from their client, one of America's biggest clothing sellers, and since the agency really didn't know or care to understand that it was actually their delivery system (dropbox) that was the problem, the blame came downhill on me. Not a worry. I may lose this client over this, but others will come (with other equally crazy issues to solve).
: )

-Steve

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:28:56 pm

Yep, it's annoying. I'm not sure why DropBox won't implement the feature... In the meantime, it couldn't hurt to suggest alternatives like Wistia or Vimeo that do allow it, though it sounds like the agency you're working with isn't really open to solutions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]