FORUMS: list search recent posts

One point Perspective?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dionne Knapp
One point Perspective?
on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:42:41 pm

I'm doing a student film (junior in college) and there's a door at the bottom of a staircase that is increasingly foreboding to the main character who is irrationally afraid to open it.

I want the shot of that door from the top of the staircase to have that one-point perspective effect where the staircase looks longer than what it actually is and the door is centered in the frame so the viewer's eyes are drawn to it - like what Kubrick uses in "The Shining" and most of his movies.

I don't have a million dollar lens and I cant go out and buy one . My camera I'm using is a Sony XD . I'm not a cinematographer so I'm not sure if or how I could change the settings to get that perspective or if i even need to? Maybe its all about how you center the door in the frame ?

Or can you change the perspective in post? I have Adobe CC so could I do this in AE or Premiere?

Any help would be awesome :-)

ZombieCat

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: One point Perspective?
on Mar 29, 2017 at 5:12:48 pm

take a look at these 2 tutorials:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_camera_projection/
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_camera_projection_2/

i'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking fro, but seems close. I'd recommend doing a quick test with a simple shot of the stair case, and use the techniques here to see if it can do what you need it to do.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: One point Perspective?
on Mar 29, 2017 at 11:30:04 pm

Hi, you might also like to look at the "Vertigo Effect" which is made in-camera. Basically the camera dollying in as it zooms out thus keeping the framing but changing the perspective, it's quite unsettling. An oldie but a goodie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]