FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to copy and paste a layer to all comps at once in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Waref Quba
Is there a way to copy and paste a layer to all comps at once in After Effects?
on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:51:33 pm

I have a color correction layer which I want to copy and paste into almost 2000 sub-comps inside of an After Effects project. Is this possible with the help of some tool, trick or script?

Thanks a million,
Waref

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Is there a way to copy and paste a layer to all comps at once in After Effects?
on Mar 28, 2017 at 3:15:42 pm

Sadly, no.

2000 nested comps that need color correction? From your short description, this sounds like a horrible workflow. What are you trying to do? What will the viewer see when this project is complete?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Waref Quba
Re: Is there a way to copy and paste a layer to all comps at once in After Effects?
on Mar 28, 2017 at 3:26:45 pm

I don't know if I could have done it any better. The shooting was for ca 150 sport exercises which they should be delivered in 10 minimum / 32 maximum short snippets per exercise with specific naming structure per snippet.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 28, 2017 at 5:00:30 pm

I see you made no mention of text, graphics, effects, animation or compositing.... which is what After Effects does.

Based on your reply, It seems to me you would be better off working in a video editing application instead of AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 28, 2017 at 5:25:52 pm

You can apply LUTs with Adobe Media Encoder.

If you can create a LUT using your color correction layer with Red Giant's LUT Buddy, you could apply the color correction as part of a large batch encode from AME, not Ae.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Waref Quba
on Mar 29, 2017 at 1:03:45 pm

That's even better of what I was looking for, Thanks a million!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]