Hello you lovely people of this corner of the internet
There is a new project I am involved with at work that will require lots of tracking of mostly flat "2D" objects.
- The Camera will be completely stationary during the shots.
- A key requirement is to bring the tracking data into a 3D Editing software (3ds max being a big preference, so I assume as long we can export FBX, we good). and to do it with as much accuracy as possible
- I will have all camera and lens data available to feed into the tracking software if that helps with the calculations
- We will also have control of the lighting, so hoping to be able to go with higher shutter speeds and less blur
- We can also put a grid of markers/dots on our tracked objects to help with the calculation and correct scale
- Bonus points if we can handle some potential bending in our tracked objects
From all the software that can potentially solve what we're after, Syntheyes looks like the best bet, maybe.
Almost everything else seems to be tailored for camera movement and parralax. 3DEqualizer is maybe another option? I'm not sure if PFTrack can do it... Anything else?
So that's the question- what software would you suggest we go for? (price not an issue)