FORUMS: list search recent posts

can someone explain to me how to make 2 layer stick together? parenting doesnt work with this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Bal
can someone explain to me how to make 2 layer stick together? parenting doesnt work with this
on Mar 27, 2017 at 1:56:03 pm

Hello ,I checked the forum and to make 2 layer move together, everybody recommends parenting. Which is a great tool, but however i have a really simple animation I couldn't figure it out how to make a really nice smooth move.

use case:

layer one ( cropped picture moves from left to the right, stops, then moves again, stops, then move out. What I want to achieve is there is a slightly larger image layer 2, and it should act like it pushes layer 1 out of the frame from the left to the right. If I just do parenting since it has the different size the gap between pictures changing during animation. If I adjust it by hand it also ugly. Is there any way to set somehow the gap between layers to a certain value? or somehow forcing after effects to make the 2 layer syncronised? ( as there will be layer 4, layer 5 etc so it will be a huge headache to do it manually ( besides being ugly)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]