FORUMS: list search recent posts

How hard would be to achieve this with no experience?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
How hard would be to achieve this with no experience?
on Mar 24, 2017 at 5:12:07 pm

As the title says how hard would this be to achieve, at least on a simpler level with no experience whatsoever in drawing [no talent either]

While this does look like continuous drawings to achieve this animation it still looks way too fluid at least to me, so I have to ask even thought it might not be the case: Was this MAYBE achieved in some other method other than drawing every frame? Also, is there anything similar to this with fluid movement that does not require drawing in every frame and still look similar to this?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: How hard would be to achieve this with no experience?
on Mar 24, 2017 at 5:29:16 pm

It appears to me that at least the character animation is rotoscoped, that is, reference video was shot, and then the artwork was created frame by frame to match the video. Other parts of the scenes (trees, flowers, landscape, for example), might have been created separately, and given a "jittery" effect in After Effects. There is quite a bit of talent shown here, so it's not something you're going to just be able to take stills or video and use a plugin to replicate. Time and talent...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Mar 24, 2017 at 5:59:16 pm

So basically what you`re saying is that they shot the actor in front of a Green Screen then drew over the actual person to give it this artwork effect and the rest was drawn as stills and they used effects to make them kind of move and give them that frame by frame animation look right?

Got it, is there anything that could be done to resemble this artwork thing but less drawing or no drawing at all?

ALSO: I was thinking about shooting video with a lower frame rate and make it look like like pictures and then attempt to draw over the actor but I dont know how to reduce the frame rate from 30frames per second my camera is shooting to something like 10 frames per second or even 8 so that it gives like a stuttering effect.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 24, 2017 at 10:07:02 pm

Hi Adrian -

There would be no need to shoot the actor over a greenscreen, since the artist would just be selectively rotoscoping the talent on a new layer, which would be keyable. The actor shoot would just be reference to get the motion right - no need for quality (necessarily). And the rest could have been stills from Photoshop or Illustrator which were then "jittered" as needed in After Effects.

There is a cartoon plugin that's part of the Red Giant suite that might get you close to the look you're going for.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]