FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does the preview go back to the start when i play it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amit gerbi
Why does the preview go back to the start when i play it?
on Mar 23, 2017 at 2:24:34 pm

I downloaded Adobe After Effects 1 day ago to add effects to my montage, Ive done the montage in Sony Vegas but with no effects because i want to add effects from After Effects. When i press the play button in the preview window the video plays and everything is normal until i think like 30 seconds the video goes back to the start of the timeline and plays from the start. i searched on every site in google, Litterely every site... and still cant find a fix. Please if you know what is the problem help me fix it.
BTW im using Adobe After Effects CC 2017

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Why does the preview go back to the start when i play it?
on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:50:45 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 23, 2017 at 4:28:13 pm

Congratulations -- you are trying to use After Effects in absolutely the WORST WAY POSSIBLE -- from a point of complete and total ignorance and bringing the attitude, "how tough can it be?"

After Effects is PLENTY tough for the newcomer.

To answer your immediate play question, you must realize this -- After Effects is NOTHING like Vegas, which is a video editing application. It is an effects, compositing and motion graphics application. It works nothing like an editor. It can not PLAY anything -- it has to PREVIEW everything. It has to store every video frame in your computer's memory before it previews. This is because AE assumes you are going to make big changes to the video that would require rendering in ANY video editor -- because that is what After Effects is for! Big changes!
It does NOT play video files off your computer's hard drives like Vegas does. Apparently, your computer's memory can store 30 seconds of video and that's it.

There are of course ways to preview other sections of your file, but you wouldn't understand my instructions. So what do you do? Unless you enjoy getting hopelessly lost and infinitely frustrated, you will need basic training in After Effects. I STRONGLY recommend that you go here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

Go to the Beginner section and work your way up through the tutorials. Learn the basics. Learn the confusing and arcane After Effects terminology. Get a good idea of the very different way AE works.

If you don't, you will get nowhere.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]