FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I have to setup the Render settings for movies on an escelator panel.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali-Reza Djassemi
How do I have to setup the Render settings for movies on an escelator panel.
on Mar 21, 2017 at 10:55:15 am

Hi everyone,
Actually I am working on a project for some presentation on a vertical screen. I prepared all my movies in AE with a flipped aspect ratio, so to sy instead of using 1920 x 1080 is is now 1080 x 1920 which looks perfect.
So when I send my compositions to the render list I get it fliped again and what I have instead of a vertical movie is a common horizontal movie.

How can I tell AE to render the composition as it is? - vertical ?
Bets regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How do I have to setup the Render settings for movies on an escelator panel.
on Mar 21, 2017 at 3:16:19 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 21, 2017 at 3:26:48 pm

You don't.

The display devices are themselves naturally horizontal. They are NOT naturally vertical. They have been rotated 90 degrees to make them vertical. You simply have to ask the client, "which way are you rotating the monitors: clockwise or counterclockwise?"

And you work accordingly. For example, if the client rotates the monitors clockwise, you nest your 1080x1920 comp in a 1920x1080 comp, rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, and create your file for delivery.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ali-Reza Djassemi
Re: How do I have to setup the Render settings for movies on an escelator panel.
on Mar 21, 2017 at 6:13:17 pm

Dear Dave,

just to make sure I did understand you the right way. I produce the footage 90 degrees rotated, yes?

Ah, sorry Dave, I actually flipped the ratio, which is not a problematic thing to do, and realised I am able to render high quality footage in quicktime format and quicktime does play it back as is in 1080 x 1920. This was exciting. 😀

I have to admit that I did not try to play the movie on the target screen which will be rotated 90 degrees. You think this will be played back the wrong way, right?

Best regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 21, 2017 at 6:16:48 pm

You have a 50% chance of being right. If you are not, your AE work will appear upside-down.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ali-Reza Djassemi
on Mar 21, 2017 at 7:06:50 pm

Hi Dave, 😂🙏🏻 50% sounds as I might move the world. 😉
No, honestly. I appreciated your information because I was able to consider what I have to do if things will be the wrong way.
I might create a final composition where I place all produced compositions into. This one will be with the 'normal' ratio (1920 x1080). There I just have to rotate the composition and render it.
Best regards

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 21, 2017 at 6:22:59 pm

What are your delivery specifications? Some signage playback systems want vertical video and some want horizontal.

Return to posts index

Ali-Reza Djassemi
on Mar 21, 2017 at 7:00:52 pm

Hi Tero. Well, actually the target device is a NEC P401. That is all information I received.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 21, 2017 at 7:33:30 pm

That doesn't mean anything because it's just a screen. What matters is the software/hardware that is playing back the video and what kind of file it is expecting.

Return to posts index

Ali-Reza Djassemi
on Mar 21, 2017 at 8:05:39 pm

Hi Tero, you are absolutly right. I think the playback software is going to be either vlc player or quicktime player. As I made positive experiences already with quicktime I think We will use that player. For the hardware I am not sure yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]