FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D model to have different versions of 2D?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
3D model to have different versions of 2D?!
on Mar 20, 2017 at 3:20:59 pm

Hello, I`m doing a 2.5D video [parallax effect] KIND OF, because so far I have only one picture that actually gives the feeling of movement the rest are completely still and only have camera movement to them. [Its for a music video]

Now for the chorus part of my song which is kinda rocky, I`d like to have a table in the middle of a room and silhouettes of people blown away by an explosion I will add with the help of Action Essentials.

Problem is I want free pictures, and sadly I cannot find any satisfactory silhouettes, at least not in the required positions so I thought about having a 3D model of a man or a silhouette [that would be great] that I can just move and position just the way I like, and then save it as a 2D png format picture so I could cut it afterwards in Photoshop and add them in my Scene in After Effects.

What I`d like from you guys is some advice, like if this is a good method of achieving what I just told you or if there`s a better way and --->

Recommend some websites that have free 3D models of men, cars, etc. and before anyone calls me lazy, I DID search for free 3D models, but all the sites I found had paid models, no free ones. If anyone here can help me with a 3d model of a man or better yet a silhouette of a man and tell me WHERE I can find one for free preferably CC0 license for commercial purposes I would be forever grateful !

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long read. 😃

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 3D model to have different versions of 2D?!
on Mar 20, 2017 at 4:38:25 pm

I say shoot them yourself.

Get a powerful light and a sheet. Stretch out the sheet and aim the light at it. Set up a camera on the opposite side of the sheet. Get someone to make the poses you want. Take pictures of the silhouettes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt Davis
on Mar 21, 2017 at 3:06:21 pm

I see so many good answers with your name attached! ;)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 21, 2017 at 3:10:09 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 21, 2017 at 3:11:58 pm

Thanks.
It's not because I'm a heavy-duty AE expert, I've just been doing this stuff for a long time. I started using AE in 1996. You learn practical non-AE tricks.
The best one I've learned: "Use AE as sparingly as possible."

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Mar 20, 2017 at 5:20:26 pm

I don't know of any. Unless you're experienced in 3D, drawing (or shooting like Dave suggests) your own silhouettes would probably be easier than trying to setup a 3D model the way you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]