FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need to collapse transformations of a precomp, without affecting the lighting effects of the overall comp please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Single
I need to collapse transformations of a precomp, without affecting the lighting effects of the overall comp please
on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:09:49 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to make a 2.5D scene in AE where the character does a 2.5D head turn. To to this, I need to collapse transformations for the character precomp, but this seems to wreck the lighting I've set up in the overall comp. Is there any way round this?

The top image (without the shadows) is with the character precomp transformations collapsed. The bottom image (with shadows) is with the character a normal precomp.

I'm clearly no expert at AE so any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Katie

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: I need to collapse transformations of a precomp, without affecting the lighting effects of the overall comp please
on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:37:16 pm

You would have to light in the main comp. You probably spent a lot of time lighting. Sorry, but you need to do it over.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Katie Single
Re: I need to collapse transformations of a precomp, without affecting the lighting effects of the overall comp please
on Mar 19, 2017 at 9:05:16 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 20, 2017 at 12:54:39 am

Some elaboration. Set up your layers in 3D space in a nested comp. Turn on Collapse Transformations. When you turn on the layer's Collapse Transformations switch in the main comp, it becomes a 3D object. Not just a 2D representation of one. It reacts to lights as you'd expect.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]