FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE to Boujou 5.0 (High FPS footage)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zam Azomi
AE to Boujou 5.0 (High FPS footage)
on Mar 18, 2017 at 6:45:22 pm

Hey! (sorry for the london btw)

So I have some footage that i want to track with boujou. Now the thing is that the footage is game footage from Call Of Duty 4 that is recorded at 600 fps since i use time-remapping to ramp the video (it goes from a speed of 300% to 20% in the matter of frames) between 2 sync points so therefore i need a high fps.

Anyways can i render the 600fps footage as 60fps/30fps in jpeg to import in boujou or will that just mess up the timing of the tracking?

Or do I have to like time stretch the 600fps clip by 10 (time-stretch: 1000) so that I get 60fps?

If it's too any use: I will render the final video from AE in 30fps to upload to youtube.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE to Boujou 5.0 (High FPS footage)
on Mar 18, 2017 at 7:02:05 pm

Here's what I want you to do:
  • Import the 600fps footage into AE
  • Highlight the clip in the project window
  • Note the clip's frame rate in the clip information pane at the top of the project
  • Report back on the frame rate indicated by AE

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Zam Azomi
on Mar 18, 2017 at 10:30:20 pm

The clip is 600 fps:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 19, 2017 at 12:51:45 am

A 600 fps comp? That's pretty interesting. The maximum frame rate in an AE comp since the Dawn Of Time has been 99 fps.

How'd you get a 600 fps comp? Inqiuring minds want to know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Zam Azomi
on Mar 19, 2017 at 9:04:34 am

I just dragged the 600 fps footage into the comp button on the project panel and it makes a new comp at 600 fps with the 600 fps footage inside it, but if you open the 600 fps comp settings and just click ok it will change the fps to 99. So just gotta make sure you don't touch that, and if you do just undo until you see that it's 600 fps in the project panel.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:50:21 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 20, 2017 at 12:36:38 am

...which means you can't do a stinkin' thing in that comp. All you can do is say, "Hey, look! I made a 600 fps comp!"

Not very useful.

You'll have to put the high-frame-rate footage into a. comp in the delivery frame rate, then use Time remapping to do what you want. I hope you remember your arithmetic to do what you want.

High frame rate footage is great if you want slo-mo. If you don't, it's a liability.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]