FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Roto Brush layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lena Mnk
Problems with Roto Brush layers
on Mar 14, 2017 at 12:12:20 am

I need to create text behind moving objects, so I start to use Roto brush on the moving object. However text which I placed behind the objects are affected by this Roto Brush layers (Roro Brush layers are above Text layer). Text are switching opacity in a middle of the footage and also appearing not at the beginning of the footage.

Can't understand how to resolve this problem, and why top layer is affecting layers below?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Problems with Roto Brush layers
on Mar 14, 2017 at 3:01:20 pm

Without knowing a lot more about how you've built your project, it's going to be hard to help. Video demonstrating the problem, screenshots with your timeline showing the problematic layers, etc. would help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lena Mnk
on Mar 14, 2017 at 3:49:24 pm

Thank you Michael,

Screenshoots attached below. Top images is COPS, bottom images is roto brush. Last screenshoot showing that BG layer invisible as well not sure why. I did not use any affects of filters on roto brush layers.

I am working in AE CS6

Hope it's more helpful now, thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 14, 2017 at 4:19:28 pm

Having un-cropped screenshots can often be more helpful.
Have you frozen your Roto Brush? Once you finish tweaking it, you need to freeze it before you go further.

Also, what, exact, version number of AE is your CS6?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lena Mnk
on Mar 14, 2017 at 4:38:56 pm

Hi, Yes Roto Brush frames is frozen, and I did not apply any effect on it, Text layer is reacting that strange at particular points of the footage. if I making 2 Roto Brushe layers invisible, Text layer is fine.

My AE CS6 vesion is 11.0.4.2

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]