FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color shift when uploading to web

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Klara Gripe
Color shift when uploading to web
on Mar 8, 2017 at 11:46:49 am

I have an animation in After Effects (1920x1080, 25fps, color working space sRGB 1966) with Illustrator doc in sRGB. The colors are correct in the AE-project and also when rendering and playing from my Mac (in Quicktime and VLC). But when uploading to Youtube and another webpage all colors shift more or less. Especially one turquoise color (#00ACC1) that gets too green. I have looked at it on a stationary Mac too, same thing there (if that would make a difference).

I have an example image of the difference here (if displayed right on your monitor...) (Left- is the right color (from AE, Illustrator, Quicktime, VLC). Right: Is the color I get from Youtube, more green):

This is in Firefox. But then I checked in Chrome and Safari -and there the colors are fine! Except for the "start-picture", miniature that Youtube displays from the video -that one is the wrong more green color.

I have read here on this forum others with the same kind of problem. Tried different video-codecs from AE and Adobe Media Encoder (H.264, Youtube preset, Animation etc) and also YUV (incase the video suffers from being compressed too much, 2d time in Youtube?). YUV made it more blue which seemed more right, but then it gets too blue in Chrome/Safari, so the shift is still there. I've also tried importing masterclip in AE, setting Utility profile converter to sRGB -same shift there.

I have been sitting with this for hours and still no clue what to do. I understand there can be a small shift inbetween different browsers and computers, but this one (the turquoise color) is just too big difference (-is it the most web-unsafe color ever?).

Is it supposed to be like this when working with colors on the web or is there anything I can do about it?

Return to posts index

selva malakia
Re: Color shift when uploading to web
on Mar 13, 2017 at 11:28:08 am

Everything is perfect from AE right!
I guess you should post your question to Broadcasting Forum.

Thanks & Regards
Selva Malakia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]