FORUMS: list search recent posts

Faster way to arrange/edit layers than "Keyframe Assistant>>Sequence Layers" ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Williams
Faster way to arrange/edit layers than "Keyframe Assistant>>Sequence Layers" ?
on Mar 7, 2017 at 3:14:02 pm

Greetings,
I am an animator, and I have been using After Effects for years, but editing seems like it could be more efficient. When I have a sequence of layers, and I hit "O" , then "ALT + [ " to edit two layers, the next layer always overlaps by one frame for some reason.
I then have to use "ALT + PageDown " to move that layer over a frame so the layers are perfectly in sequence, or Right Click to get out the 'Keyframe Assistant' and 'Sequence Layers'.
Is there any faster way to do this? Or is there some way to eliminate the automatic one frame of overlap from trimming layers using "In Point" and "Out Point" hotkeys? I perform hundreds of these little edits per project, any slight boost in efficiency would be greatly appreciated.
(I need layers to be of varying length, so I can't just trim them all to be one frame each, or tricks like that...)

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Faster way to arrange/edit layers than "Keyframe Assistant>>Sequence Layers" ?
on Mar 7, 2017 at 4:23:34 pm

Your requirement that the layers need to be varying lengths dooms you to your current method.
If they could be all the same length, you could have used the Auto Sequence Layers command, and would be done in about 10 seconds.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]